I need to repossess the equipment I leased to a customer.

Additional Information:

I have a small business in Dedham and leased equipment to a business customer. They have stopped paying and are not responding to my telephone calls or letters.  I need to repossess the equipment.  I’m concerned that the customer will get violent.  Can I request that a policeman accompanies me?  Do I need to send them legal notice  beforehand?


Did you have a lease agreement with your customer? Typically the agreement will spell out the terms and conditions of the lease including the conditions necessary to consider the agreement in default.

It will be necessary for you to file a complaint for replevin ( reposession) in Dedham district court and obtain a civil order which can be enforced by the sheriff to repossess your equipment. 

The Boston Metrowest Business Attorneys at Goldberg & Oriel represent individuals and businesses throughout Massachusetts.   Located in Framingham, Massachusetts our attorneys serve the entire Boston Metrowest region including the communities of Acton, Arlington, Belmont, Boston, Braintree, Brockton, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Canton, Dedham, Framingham, Lexington, Marlborough, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Quincy, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, and Worcester.