In Massachusetts, can I remove bad business debt from my personal credit report?

Additional Information:

I’m trying to remove bad business debt from my personal credit report, can this be done? The business was an S-Corp in Massachusetts, has been dissolved and I did not sign any contracts.  I would like to know if Massachusetts law is on my side or am I wasting my time?


Whenever someone has a debt listed on their credit report that they wish to have removed, the best way to get it removed is to send a certified mailed, return receipt requested letter to each of the three main credit reporting bureaus and in the letter set forth your objection to the particular matter that should be removed. Send such a letter every thirty days for two months. The “creditor” who has placed the questionable debt on your credit report is notified of your objection and then they have 30 days to object to your “objection”, and if they fail to do so, then the matter in question is supposed to be removed by the credit bureau.

The Massachusetts business debt attorneys at Goldberg & Oriel represent individuals throughout Massachusetts.   Located in Framingham, Massachusetts our attorneys serve the entire Boston region including the communities of Acton, Arlington, Belmont, Boston, Braintree, Brockton, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Canton, Dedham, Framingham, Lexington, Marlborough, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Quincy, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, and Worcester.