How do I bring a small claims action in Massachusetts?

By filing a court form called a “Statement of Claim and Notice of Trial” and paying a filing fee. The form is available in the clerk’s office of any of the 62 district courts. The person or business filing the claim is called the “plaintiff.”  The person or business being sued is called the “defendant.”